everyone who needs to develop their assertiveness skills and to manage diﬃcult conversations
case studies, games, focus group discussions
What is assertiveness?
Recognize assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
How to say NO?
How to ask for what you want?
How to disagree?
Handling diﬃcult conversations
Delegates will learn to:
- understand what assertive communication means
- distinguish between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- express themselves assertively using speciﬁc verbal and non-verbal techniques
- request what they want assertively and get it
- disagree with the other person in such a way that helps the other understand their stance on the matter without taking it personally
- express disagreement and stay friends
- control the ﬂow of a potentially diﬃcult conversation and learn to focus on what matters the most
- analyze their behaviour as well as those of others and better understand what makes people take a particular action
Handling challenging conversations using assertiveness
Goal: to train participants on eﬀective techniques to improve assertiveness and better manage diﬀicult conversations.